Project Name: 1 st BDE Volar Barracks Renovation
Project Location: Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Project Owner: US Army Corp of Engineers—Louisville
Contract Value: $17,737,557.38
VOLAR BARRACKS project is a complete renovation of six similarly three-story buildings totaling approximately 185,400 square feet.
- Existing sleeping spaces
- Upgrade to separate quarters sharing a toilet,
- Kitchen and common living area
- Toilet areas upgraded with new ceramic tile and partial replacement of fixtures and accessories
- Kitchens upgraded with new cabinetry and compact appliances; windows replaced with new energy efficient, operable windows
- New window wall enclosure to form a vestibule with card access
- Control systems for all existing open stairways
- Stairs resurfaced with safety nosing
- Installed skylight systems to enclose open interior courtyards
- New walkways to connect building wings at all upper floors
- Replace HVAC with new centralized equipment.
Existing furniture was moved, stored and reinstalled so the barracks would be move-in ready upon completion. Site improvements include new mechanical equipment enclosures meeting anti-terrorist force protection requirements, additional storm water drainage, boot wash areas, sidewalks, benches, grills, picnic tables, pavilions, and security bollards.
Troop movements required that we begin a three-phase close-out with 2 buildings in each stage. As a result, final completion of 2 buildings was accelerated by 60 days and an additional 2 building accelerated by 30 days.